4 weeks of tough love
The diet system that I have personally used and recommended to hundreds of clients over the past few years is a version of the Paleo diet. Follow this link for a great little intro to the basic principles of eating the way we humans were designed to eat. PALEO DIET.
Just as there are many valid variations on the way to do a push-up, pull-up or squat so too will you come across a variety of ways to eat Paleo. Here is our preferred version:
- Meat, Seafood & Eggs
- All vegetables except potato (sweet potato is ok)
- All fruit but in limited quantities
- All nuts except peanuts (but including coconut) & seeds
- Oils made from the above (olive, coconut, flax seed, avocado, macadamia)
- Tea & Coffee are ok in limited quantities (no milk, sugar, chemicals)
Do not eat:
- Processed food or packaged drinks
- Sugar or sweeteners
- Grains (corn is a grain)
- Legumes inc. beans, soy, peanuts
- Dairy products
- Deep fried food
Now you know what the diet is all about, and you’ve done your own research it’s time to start feeling the fantastic benefits that come with eating this way! And I’m not just talking about looking better, that’s just a bonus. You will have more energy to get through your day and when we have broken your addiction to things like processed foods and sugar, maybe for the first time in your life you can trust your body to work the way it is meant to, including regulating your hunger accurately.
Ok, let’s set out the rules for the challenge:
- For the next 4 weeks you must eat only Paleo foods from the list above
- You must keep some sort of food diary with a list of everything you have eaten or drank every day.
- No Excuses!
- No cheat Days!
- No just this glass of champagne because it’s ……….insert some B#@ S%$! excuse!
- No I’ll just put some tomato sauce on my steak because tomatoes are Paleo!
28 days—–Strict Paleo—–keep a food diary——Simple!
If you want in, commit now. Leave a comment and tell us what you’re going to achieve from a clean diet.